Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Honda Engine Wiring

acfarmer

Looking at a Honda engine model 670 supposed to be a 24HP and it was on a Wheel Horse 520 the tractor is gone so the fellow only has the engine.There is a plug where all the wiring hooked up to the WH electrical system.I probably will put it on a Simplciity does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram on the Honda engine so I can use it?

GX670wiringDiagram.jpg

Honda------------------Ignition Switch---------------Connected to:Black w/ Red Stripe------Black with Yellow Stripe------Coils (wire comes out on the starter side of the engine.)Black------------------- Black------------------------Ground (Engine Ground Preferred)White-------------------Red-------------------------Battery 12V Positive (Connect the Red to the Battery and run the white from the engine to the battery)(none)------------------Yellow w/ Red Stripe---------Starter relay or solenoid (Spade connector on the Starter. You can use a relay or not.)Black w/Yellow Stripe----Purple-----------------------Fuel cut sol.and Acc. 12V (The cut sol. on the carb must have 12V pos. for the engine to run. This will also turn on a relay for Accessories.)(none)------------------Yellow w/ Black Stripe--------Electric choke or horn (push in on the key for this.)From what I am seeing the GX670 should be the same as my GX620. In the link below the manual has a diagram that appears to be the same as the one above. Probably the best small engine made.http://engines.honda.com/pdf/manuals/31ZN1601.pdf

GX670wiringDiagram.jpg.d19c7847149ca6ea289c9f49e97a9d3f.jpg

That helps greatly.Now would you know where I can get a plug to match the one on the engine and I'll wire that up plus an ignition swtich that'll work with the engine as I'm doing a rewire anyway.

I made my own harness and plugged it into the back of the switch. The Honda is a magneto ignition like a Briggs so the same switch used in a 7016 or 7116 will work.

Another question do you or anyone else know where to buy a hub adapter that goes from the Honda to another bolt pattern like a Kohler or Onan?