Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snow Blower Electrical Output?

bruker1

I have a walk behind snow blower that has a 8.5hp Tecumseh Snow King engine. There is a headlight on it now but I'd like to add a couple of small LED lights to improve the lighting. Any idea how I can find out what the alternator coil output is so I don't overload it?

What is the wattage of your current light?

If you replace that with LED and add additional LED's, as long as you stay at or below current bulb draw you should be OK.

Later today I have to re-arrange garage for winter.  I'll try to look at my Simplicity 860 with the 8 hp Tech engine.  Seem to remember there was a tag on the light feed wire that spec'd max bulb size.

What is the wattage of your current light?

If you replace that with LED and add additional LED's, as long as you stay at or below current bulb draw you should be OK.

Later today I have to re-arrange garage for winter.  I'll try to look at my Simplicity 860 with the 8 hp Tech engine.  Seem to remember there was a tag on the light feed wire that spec'd max bulb size.

From a manual I found for my HMSK80 8hp

charge.JPG