Jump to content

Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tinkering On Tractors...

  • entries
    9
  • comments
    12
  • views
    11,639

Broadmoor - More Progress


Mike_H

1,520 views

I think I have all the modifications complete to get my new motor in.  After moving the engine around a bit to make the gas tank fit, I realized that the hood was contacting the front shroud of the engine (evidenced by scratches in the paint 😡)

Anyway, After looking at the hood a bit, I realized that the front piece (that has the logo) can move a bit forward, and still look "correct."  So, off come the spot welds.

20161215_194857.jpg

20161215_201746.jpg

20161215_201758.jpg

20161215_202042.jpg
Next, I lined the hood back up on the tractor and clamped it in a position that looked "original" but that also cleared the engine.

20161215_203109.jpg
Really, it didn't move much.  It was more of an "angle correction."  In stock form, the front of the hood is angled back toward the tractor.  I've realigned it to move of a perpendicular relationship with the hood.  Welded it back on and it fits nicely now.  Obviously, I'll need to paint it, but that was in the plan anyway.  I also need to add a couple pieces of sheet metal to clean up the edges a bit.  

20161218_140300.jpg

20161218_140303.jpg

20161218_140308.jpg

20161218_140327.jpg






View the full article

0 Comments


Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...