Jump to content

Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

  • Announcements

    • Kent

      Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

      If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

      Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

      See News and Announcements forum.
PurplePiston's Simplicity Sovereign
PurplePiston
By PurplePiston, 02/01/2017
  • 304 views
  • 0 comments
  • Make Simplicity
  • Series Sovereign
  • Model Other
  • Year Tractor Was Made 1996
  • Manufacturer (MFR) Number 1692450
  • Tractor Serial Number 50270
  • Engine Manufacturer Kohler
  • Engine Model CH18S
  • Engine Serial Number Kohler
  • Date Purchased 04/15/2011
  • Purchase Price $$ 700.00
  • Condition at Time of Purchase Tractor and 48" deck, all needed repaired. Tractor was painted blue and white, it kind of looked like a Ford. I almost didn't buy the thing; it was pretty bad, but little or no rust. After listing to the engine run, it seemed to be saying please buy me and take me away form this guy. I probably pay a little more than I should have, but it was the model I was looking for. I’m retired and have plenty of time. My wife and I just built a house and completed the hardscape and all of the landscaping on our 1.5 acres. I needed a project. I hope I'm not over my head.
  • Condition Now I’m working on restoring it as a nice looking working tractor. I first removed all of the extra wires going nowhere then checked the condition of the necessary wiring. After getting and reading the proper manuals for both the engine and the tractor, I started with the engine, replacing the following: all gas lines, filter, even the tank fitting (the gas was orange from rust), spark plugs (they were only finger tight and without washers, the gap was set at .040th), I repaired the throttle control (would not stay wide open) adjusted the tension nut on the throttle. The engine now runs as it should. The BGB is in good condition, no leaks the fluid is clear and at proper level. The Hydro had a few problems but no leaks, adjusted everything there was to adjust, by the book, no more drift when in neutral, the hydraulic lift now works properly. I also replaced filter and fluid, and repaired the relief valve. Now for the tractor body, adjusted and modified the deckassy. (it now sets level). The tractor now has 4 coats of (rattle can) AC orange purchased at Tractor Supply for 5.49/can. Now for the mower deck, repaired the roller bar and replaced 7 rollers, replaced all six arbor bearings. The deck was painter black, so I’ll leave it for now. I’ll post a picture when I find the proper decals for it.
  • URL Link

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


IP.Board Collections by DevFuse
×