Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Charlieson

Brinley Hardy Plow

Charlieson
I got a Brinley Hardy Plow for my Sovereign 3416H. I have the Lift, bottom Sleeve Hitch and I made the 'bar' that goes in the tube on the lift. How does all of this attach? I got everything working ok. Plowed the garden, with the plow going about 6" deep. I adjusted it down further and it worked fine, but something shifted and the plow went crooked. Does anyone have a picture of their plow hooked up? As soon as things dry off again I would like to try again. It has rained here just about every weekend. ddh

Dutch
Don't know if this will help you. This shows the later model style lift and hitch. If you have same, make sure your sway plate is tight. Ignore the "T" handle. That's just one of my modifications. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/plow-up.jpg[/img]

Charlieson
What is a colter? I thought it was the little wheel above the plow. Dutch, my hitch doesnt look anything like that. But I think I see where I went wrong. Mine looks like the one in this drawing: http://www.simpletractors.com/images/hitch_adaptor.jpg The plow that I was using didnt have a hole in the top bar. Did you make that hitch assembly? I like that one better than the one that I have. thanks, ddh

Dutch
Dwayne, the hitch in your link is the older model style. The hitch on my tractor is the newer model style. The main differences are, the newer model uses a sway plate, and the hitch is connected to the lift by a clevis. Yes, I made the hitch (the shiny black part), but it's exactly like OEM.