Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What do you think?

bigcountry

I'm thinking about making a "brush guard" for my 4211. I think I could run 2 bars out of the front mounting brackets and then put 2 verticals and 2 cross pieces that would wrap around the sides of the grille. What do y'all think about that? Also, what color should it be painted? Orange? White? Black? I'm thinking black since the grill is black. But since it would be attached to the frame, it also could be orange. What shade of orange would match or be close? It wouldn't be permanently mounted, just bolted on where the holes are for the blade and snowthrower. I think this would be a good project. I'll keep y'all informed on how it goes.

Bigcountry, I have a 6216 and I just painted a redun deck chevy engine red and it is nearly an exact match with the orange on the tractor. Mel_W

I think it's called hugger orange? Am I correct? I did think that was close to it.

I tried Plastikote's spraycan Chevy Engine Orange and found it too orange... I think the Duplicolor's Chevy Orange/Red is closer, but I haven't tried it. How about painting your brush guard "generic" black? I use my front counterweight sometimes, and I like the way it looks hanging off the front of a yellow tractor...