Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

720 or 9020 Holding the deck up..

SmilinSam

Is there a way to hold the deck up so one can use a 3 pt hitch without having to remove the deck?

The only thing I can think off hand is an adjustable flat strap of some sort to go between the running board and tunnel and a couple of hooks to hold the deck up. A boat hold down strap comes immediately to mind.

It it weren't for those dang running boards in the way, you could just run a strap from the deck bails on one side, up and over the frame tunnel, and down to the deck bail on the other side... :D

Ahhhhhhhhh! .......but the holes in these running boards are big enough to fit both hooks and straps through:D Gotcha this time!:D:D:D

Perhaps two chains of the appropriate length bolted to the frame? Raise the deck all the way up, lift one side at a time and hook to the bail? Pat

quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
Ahhhhhhhhh! .......but the holes in these running boards are big enough to fit both hooks and straps through:D Gotcha this time!:D:D:D
A Sawzall would give you the proper dimesion to get something thru.:D:D:D

Well........ I'll concede that you might have finally found a useful function for running boards. Probably couldn't drag my feet from that big of a tractor any way... You're taller, though!:D Too bad most RBTs don't have 3-point hitches, huh? ;)

Sam, I made a pair of "J" hooks with an "over center" latch like the RBT parking brake. Just passed them through the running boards.

Kubota (and probably others) use chains to hold up the deck when using other attachments. Ariens uses a spring loaded chain to hold the deck up.