Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Most recent score

BrownA

I just bought a Johnson Model 10 Front End Loader for a older Simplicity. I was quite surprised to have found it for sale. I plan on puting it on either my B-210 or another older AC. I just bought it first thing Tuesday morning and unloaded it off my truck today. It came with the pump, subframe and a weight box. I believe it's complete. Well after unloading it today I removed the pulley from the hydraulic pump and put a 1/2 drill on the shaft to power the pump. It worked well when I powered it by the drill. It even has down pressure. I can't wait to get it on a tractor. I had been studying the AC loaders and had started building my own up until Tuesday. The one major differance I see with this verses the Simplicity L-10 or L-12 is the mounting. It looks like the Johnson subframe limits the option of being able to use other attachments while the loader is on the tractor. It's subframe goes underneath the tractor as compared to Simplicity's which basically goes on the outside. I am quite happy to have scored this for my collection regardless of how it mounts.

Alan, Sounds like a great find! Another advantage is that the Johnson has downpressure, while the AC/Simplicity doesn't -- you can only curl the bucket. Many of them also had a level bucket indicator, which I've discovered would be a nice feature to have on the AC/Simplicity one... Other than perhaps having a belly blade mounted, I really can't see that you're missing much using that subframe. I don't think I'd want to try mowing with a loader hanging off the front -- not in my yard any way...

great score!!:D alan good luck with it, hey i see we are practically neighbors (i am in woburn) if you need a hand some time pm me john

I bought the loader out of the Want Advertiser. Timing was everything. I had worked a midnight shift which I usually don't. As a result of that I was reading the Want Ad at 7:00 am and was the first caller. I was also able to go right after work and pick it up. I definately feel it was the timing, because if I didn't work a extra shift I would not have been reading the Want Ad at 7:00 am. I figure if you keep searching want ads, flea markets, tractor shows, etc. sooner or later you will hopefully find what you want. I will attach a photo when I get a chance. I must say when I powered it with the drill I was impressed and can't wait to mount it on one of my tractors.

Hey Alan , its me Dan . We met down in Brooklyn,Conn. show this past fall . I saw that ad also on thursday morning . I called the guy and his wife told me he was showing it to someone at that moment . She took my work number and said her husband would call me back. Well he called about twenty minutes later and told me what I expected ..SOLD!He told me you got him out of the shower . Nice score . Does this mean your going to scrap you plans to build a loader ?

Congrats. It sounds like a great deal. I'm curious about what you'll do with your loader too. Don

As far as what I started to build for a loader, so far I had just fabricated the front bracket that goes under the frame. I had also picked up a used set of loader arms from a Power King. Until I mount the Johnson and see how everything works mounted on the tractor I am not sure exactly what I am going to do with my loader project. I didn't get that far but I did think the front frame bracket came out nice. Right now my plan is to get the Johnson on one of my AC's and then just take it from there.