Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Will 7116 BGB fit in a AC710 with no modification?

jdschool

I've found a 7116 with blown motor for cheap. Will the BGB fit in my AC710 so I can get my tilling tractor working again?B)

I believe they will. The parts book doesn't show any difference between the hydro, 6 speed, 3 speed, and shuttle models as far as the bevel gear box goes. The onlyy difference would be that the early 700 series used a smaller nut on the PTO sid eof the shaft, while later ones used a larger nut. Just use the nut with the gear box its on.

Sam, thanks for the info! It sounds like the 7116 I bought for $50. (with a nice 48" deck) was a good investment.

Sure does sound like a good deal. 8D Now if you are interested in selling the mower and/or sheet metal (IE hood and pan) for a reasonable price email me. :D Rob