Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Powermax Tongue weight?

nighteye

Hi all; I am going to rent a trailer-mounted tree spade and its kind of large. Id like to pull it with a powermax rather than pulling it around with my pick-up and messing up the yard. Does anyone know if their is a certain rating on the draw bar or axles? I know that the rototiller weighs 305# +-. Does anyone have any experience with heavier loads. I dont want to mess anything up and I cant find any info in any of the manuals I have. THanks alot,, Ken

Ken, As far as the axles are concerned there shouldn't be a problem. I have a 4041 with a 600# loader out front and a 780# backhoe out back. The actual tongue capacity would be lower though. I would think that a tongue wt of 500# would be the maximum though without a front counter weight.

Wow. 780# back-hoe, Thats alot of weight back there. Guess I wont worry about the 3 or 400# I'm about to load it with. But if ,,, by chance,,, I break something,,,,I promise not to blame anyone but myself.. Its too bad that the world has come to people having to cover thier rears with disclaimers like that. THanks alot, Ken

I have pulled a 6x16 ft trailer around (at very low rpms) and not even been able to tell the trailer was attached. You should have no problem.