Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
nfp

3415 s

Ishmael2k
I agree with gregc in that any large frame AC or Simplicity is worth keeping as long as it hasn't been totally trashed. (Even then I keep them for parts..) You are probably going to hear that the shuttle drive is less than ideal. I have one (712s) that has been in the family since it was new (Mid 70s) and it has never needed any adjustments nor given me any problems. It was used weekly to mow 3+ acres until I got it from my mom in '91. Since then it was used to mow 1.5 acres and I also used it one winter to plow a steep driveway. Rob

ikipp
I've got just about the same tractor. Had it for over 20 years. Requires very little maintance. Just make sure to adjust the shuttle belts every couple of years. Book tells how to make the adjustments and its very simple. Takes about 20 minutes. I use my tractor for lawn mowing, lots of snowblowing and cultivating. Hope you enjoy your new tractor.