Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3415 s

nfp

need spec & info on this tractor? would this be a good one to keep any help would be appc thanks nfp

Welcome Ned, Any Simplicity or Allis Chalmers is a good one to keep, IMO. Look here for info: http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/new_in_1972.htm

I agree with gregc in that any large frame AC or Simplicity is worth keeping as long as it hasn't been totally trashed. (Even then I keep them for parts..) You are probably going to hear that the shuttle drive is less than ideal. I have one (712s) that has been in the family since it was new (Mid 70s) and it has never needed any adjustments nor given me any problems. It was used weekly to mow 3+ acres until I got it from my mom in '91. Since then it was used to mow 1.5 acres and I also used it one winter to plow a steep driveway. Rob

Welcome to the club. This is a very good tractor to keep. I have a Simpicity 7013S,AC 712S,712S needs the engine rebuilt.:( Karl

I've got just about the same tractor. Had it for over 20 years. Requires very little maintance. Just make sure to adjust the shuttle belts every couple of years. Book tells how to make the adjustments and its very simple. Takes about 20 minutes. I use my tractor for lawn mowing, lots of snowblowing and cultivating. Hope you enjoy your new tractor.