Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC big ten PTO spring

johnmonkey

johnmonkey
I was working on a big ten today and placed a new pto belt on it (from bgb to pto). (it did not have a belt on it for a long time). The belt went on ok and I hooked up the mower deck and belt(pto to mower deck) but the belt kept coming off. I looked in my manual for my 725 and I saw a return spring that was located on the PTO that went back towards the brake band. There was not a return spring on the PTO of the big ten. Question; is there a belt that attaches on the pto and if there is,does anyone have the part number?? thanks for your help John H

John, I assume that you meant a spring instead of a belt in your question. Yes there is a spring, and a spring tensioning rod and handle. PTO picks below, you need parts 28, 29, 30 and 31. You can cross reference the part nos. here: http://www.simpletractors.com/parts/X-ref/page_32.htm

johnmonkey
Thanks for getting back. I am pretty sure that those are the missing parts. Does anyone know if they are still available??John H

quote:
Originally posted by johnmonkey
Does anyone know if they are still available??
Cross the numbers over to Simplicity and check them out with Jack's online database. Or, just call Bill at Sandy Lake.

johnmonkey
What simplicity model is the same as a big ten? Thanks for your help so far. JH

johnmonkey
Thank god for Sandy Lake Implement!!!! I ordered the parts (except the part 29 had to be back ordered) Everything else was there and I hope to have the BIG TEN back in operation soon. Thanks for all your help!!! This is why I like this site.... you get lots of help when you need it. Take care John H