Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

will it work

72ac410

will a tiller from a b-210 fit a allis chalmers 716.i got the tiller for my ac 410 and it worked on that,now somebody wants the tiller for a 716.i think it will fit but want to make sure.thanks for any help.

It will mount and work BUT it will turn faster than it should, since the 716's cone clutch pulley is 4" compared the 3" pulley on the B-210 to drive the tiller. There also might be a problem with the drive belt rubbing the hydro filter, if it's a hydro that the filter mounts on the side of the tranny.

I think it depends on whether or not it is a 32" tiller or a 36" tiller. When I look at the "What Fits" section of Simple TrACtors, it shows that several of the 32" tillers will fit up to the 3300 series of Simplicity, the last series prior to the cone clutch. Since the tiller fit a 410, I would assume it is the later 410, or has had the adapter kit installed to use the regular Simplicity attachments. Since the 410 did not have a cone clutch, the 32" tiller would work on that tractor. In any case, the 32" tiller would not work on the cone clutch tractors without modifying the pulleys of the idler and tiller to get the proper tiller speed. If it's a 36" tiller, it should fit the 716 without a problem. The only differnce would be in that a 36" tiller for a B-210 would have the clutch mounted on the tiller, rather than being part of the idler assembly of the 32" tiller. Pat

Good points, Pat. I was thinking 32" because that's what I use with mine.... To clarify, the 32" tiller (or 42" with tine extensions, as shown below) uses the separate tiller drive, where the clutch idler is located, and the gear reduction performed. [img]http://simpletractors.com/images/1968_ac/112_tiller_pg7_sm.jpg[/img] The 36" doesn't use a separate tiller drive but uses a set of removable idlers on the rear hitch uprights that route the belt to the tiller. The clutch is on the tiller, as shown on this Simplicity equivalent. [img]http://simpletractors.com/images/new_in_1969/36in_tiller.jpg[/img] However, the earliest 36" tiller still drove off a 3" pulley on the BGB, unless I'm mistaken, so driving them off the 4" cone clutch would make them turn faster than originally intended, at a given engine RPM.