Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Les

Yanmar or Launtop diesel engines

Les
Been thinking about using a small air-cooled diesel for an engine swap. They sell these Chinese-built Launtop engines pretty cheap. They are supposed to be a clone of a Yanmar. Has anybody had any experience with these engines? Do you think one would work in a Soveriegn? The biggest single is only 10 hp, but for what I do(non-mowing) I think that will be enough power.

dieselman
any thing will work with a cutting torch and welder. a single clynder cant be to hard to put in. I put a lombardini in a 912 frame. a luttle work building mounts but was fun. Lombardini parts can be got through my AC dealer so parts wernt a problem only money to get them.

Les
I normally dont like Chinese, but in talking to a few people who have had the Chinese tractors, the problems have been hydraulics, and I have heard good reports on the engines. Plus the main reason for going diesel is NOT having to buy parts. I just went through my checkbook and I just cant believe what I had spent on gas engine parts over the last 5 years. In two years I have spent a big ZERO dollars on my Kubotas. Also, the Launtops reputedly have interchangable parts with yanmar engines.

JBLACK
Had a small Yanmar in my first Kubota never a problem, the only expense was fuel and upkeep fliters, oil etc.I have a larger one now and going on six years and no problems. JBlack:D