Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Yanmar or Launtop diesel engines

Les

Been thinking about using a small air-cooled diesel for an engine swap. They sell these Chinese-built Launtop engines pretty cheap. They are supposed to be a clone of a Yanmar. Has anybody had any experience with these engines? Do you think one would work in a Soveriegn? The biggest single is only 10 hp, but for what I do(non-mowing) I think that will be enough power.

Before I hooked up too flip the switch electric I was looking into the Chi generators, back then they came with a rebuilt kit, kinda scared me off...MPH

any thing will work with a cutting torch and welder. a single clynder cant be to hard to put in. I put a lombardini in a 912 frame. a luttle work building mounts but was fun. Lombardini parts can be got through my AC dealer so parts wernt a problem only money to get them.

I normally dont like Chinese, but in talking to a few people who have had the Chinese tractors, the problems have been hydraulics, and I have heard good reports on the engines. Plus the main reason for going diesel is NOT having to buy parts. I just went through my checkbook and I just cant believe what I had spent on gas engine parts over the last 5 years. In two years I have spent a big ZERO dollars on my Kubotas. Also, the Launtops reputedly have interchangable parts with yanmar engines.

Had a small Yanmar in my first Kubota never a problem, the only expense was fuel and upkeep fliters, oil etc.I have a larger one now and going on six years and no problems. JBlack:D