Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7018H electric lift

ikipp

I'm getting a bit older and I can see forward to the day when it will be very difficult to manually lift my tiller just using the manual lift handle. Is the a elctric lift that raises and lowers the tiller on a 7018H? Thanks.:I

There was an electric kit available. You need to check with a dealer. Also there are two gear sets, one for tillers and one for mower decks. The tiller gear set will just make the mower deck raise slower.

Gene, You may want to place a want ad for a used electric lift. If you can find a new one, they're pricey. The optional gear set Bob mentioned is only required for the 38" tiller (300 lbs.). I raise the 36" tiller (150 lbs.) with a standard gear set with no problem. I have a front counterweight but don't like it for tiller use. It takes too much weight off the tiller for the tiller to "dig in". BTW - If your tractor has an alternator, make sure it has enough output to handle an electric lift.

Dutch; thanks for the info about the front counterweight. I will go with an electric lift kit, it I can find one.

Be careful. I just paid 159 bucks for a used one that didn't work. Motor ran but screw bolt and bearings were all rusted and full of dirt.