Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sleeve Hitch

simtrac

Hi All, I'm building a sleeve hitch for one of my tractors,I have a picture,and a good idea,but was wandering if anyone would want to share the actual demensions of the hitch? Also,what the heck is the 2 bolts at the sleeve for? Call me dumb,but having never actually seeing one, its got me stumped. I'm guessing 6 1/4 inchesx 9 1/2 inches. Close? Thanks in advance "Simtrac" woody@kwcom.net?

Hi Woody Dutch I think put up a set of plans a while back for the lower hitch parts. Try a search in the posts for that. As for the bolts, they are to adjust your plow angle and keep tension on your Brinley- hitch type implements. Larry

Here is the link to the drawing on the sleeve hitch. What two bolts are you talking about? I have this hitch and I dont see two bolts. Can you post the picture you are talking about. ddh http://www.simpletractors.com/parts/drawings.htm

on a brinly plow there is a ,lets say "c" channel with (3) 5/8 holes top and bottom.The sleeve hitch mounts on the inside of the channel,the hitch has (2) bolts which are tightened into the "c" channel plate which help to fine tune plow angle and to stabiize the impliment from swaying.

Here are a set of plans that was talked about and a cupple more pics ive got off this sight.

Neil.....thanks for posting the pic and plans. After I made my post I tried to find the link but my search came up empty. Can you give the link so I can mark it? Larry