Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hi-Lo alignment

thedaddycat

thedaddycat
I've been doing a bit of tilling lately and wanted to put the Hi-Lo on the Putt Putt, but it doesn't seem to fit quite right. The pulley on the Hi-Lo seems like it's too far outboard to align properly with the idler and BGB pulley.

This is the tranny input shaft. Does this seem like it's longer than usual? I looked at two others but they look like they're the same.

My next thought was to put a low speed pulley on the tractor, but where to get one? The normal pulley is the orange one while the tiller pulley is silver. Well, this one seems like it'll work if I have a long enough belt......

.....but I doubt this one will fit under the fender!!

I just changed my drive from a six to an 8 inch pulley it works great. I don`t think I would want it to go any slower than what the 8 incher reduces the speed . I tilled my garden with the 101 and it worked fine. Check at your local dealer they may be able to come up with a pulley that will work. JBlack:D

Kirk, Per the owner's manual for the A/C version:
quote:
NOTE: This two speed pulley can also be installed on the 9 Hp. B-10 and B-1 riding tractors. However, it is necessary to cut 1" off of the pulley shaft. This can be conveniently done with a suitable instrument (saw) if the seat and transmission pulley is removed. Remove all burrs and metal shaving prior to installing this two speed pulley.
I have a 10" on my 2012/loader, and it is very slow...