Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

landlord front lift assem.

G.Kiebler

what will i have to do adapt a 101 landlord to work on a 3410s.seems as though the front of the3410 hangs out a bit more.

check your width for front mount attaching point and length of lift arm. if you want a powered attachment off front pto then pulley allignment. I'm prety sure those 3 items are all that matter. If the lift rod length is different, depending on if you want any down pressure or not I just use a chain instead of a rod. In that case though if your worried about the paint, the chain may rub.

I tried to use the hitch assembly from my 101 for the front blade but it hit the front of the 3410.It seem like the 3410's front end hangs out a bit more and was hitting on the lift arm of the blades hitch. I'm probably going to cut the lift arm out of the hitch and change the angle of the arm and weld it back.

Gary, guessing a 3410 is about the same as my 3314 body style wise, you have an extra 3ish inches of hood hanging ove the front axle the ole Landlords and B series didn't have. This I'm guessing was done to enclose the front PTO pulley inside the hood instead of having it out in the open. Sure the safty cops had a problem with that system as they gained power in the early 70's. Seem to recall guys on here needing to redo the lift arm to make older blades work on newer tractors..MPH

thedaddycat
Marty, you're dead on with that assessment. The 3300 series and newer have to have the lift arm relocated out away from the hood for enough clearance. Here's the hitch for my 46" plow blade. You can see how it's been modified to fit the 3310, telling me it's an older hitch.