Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Spencyg

Tractor Frame Similarities

Spencyg
It seems as though the frame for my 7016 is quite similar in size to some of the really big tractors (920, 4040, etc). Obviously the larger tractors are longer, but could somebody who possibly owns both a 7000 series as well as a bigger Simplicity tractor comment on frame similarities and differences? Also, does anybody have any informaiton on the differences between the transaxle under my tractor (7016h), and that of one of the large tractors? I'm wondering how much abuse it can take (I.E. 26X12-12 AG tires pulling around a box blade) Thanks Spence

HubbardRA
Spence, It can take that. I have been pulling my 61 Wards for 15 years. Sled that we pull weighs 8500# total. We pull till the tractor stops and the tires usually dig a hole at least six inches deep. Your 7016H is the same as my other tractor, an AC 716H. I spread bluestone on my driveway with it. Pushed with the blade till the tires dug holes. Didn't hurt a thing. Most breakage comes more from abusive driving styles than from the type of usage. I will question your choice of the 26x12x12 tire size. I have two sets of them and a set of 23x10.5x12 tires. I think the 23x10.5 tires are a better size for general purpose usage. The larger 12 inch tires will require that significant weight be added to the rear of the tractor to get the same traction that you will get from the 10.5 tires. Remember that the traction is normally related to the load per unit area of ground contact. On a specific weight tractor, too little tire and you will sink into the ground, too much tire and you will spin on top.