Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
kenthetuner

Lifting mower deck

kenthetuner
I have just bought a 5116 special (never heard of Simplicity untill now). The mower deck lifts up by a short lever on the right handside but will not stay up. There is something missing but I am not sure what.Does any one have a picture or any dimentions that would aid me in making the missing parts. Thanks for a great site, from the model number I was able to date the tractor to 1983. I paid £35 for it, about $23 at an auction. It had a flat battery and a seized starter motor. many thanks Ken:)

gregc
Welcome to the club Ken, Here's a link to something that may help. It's a parts manual for the 5116 and 5216 tractors and mowing decks for you to download. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_1067_02_LT_S.pdf

JonetteP
Hi Ken, simplicity offered an extended lift arm for these units. It goes in the same hole as your current lift arm, it worked much better. I would suggest you look for the lift lever used for the snowblower. This makes raising and lowering the deck very easy, and it eliminates the little lift lever. Welcome to the club! Neal

DanBov
The small handle on the right engages into notches in the quadrant bracket it comes up through . It is held in position by a flat piece of spring steel attached to the quadrant bracket . Deck height varies from one end of the bracket to the other . Do you have this bracket? If so, look for wear on the handle shaft , bracket notches or check to see if spring is missing .