Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Vacuum System for 7100H

BrianS

This is a follow-up to my earlier question (MSG#1043)that several people were kind enough to answer. I am trying to procure a used vacuum system, preferably a PTO Frame Mounted Collector, #1690402 or a PTO Collector for use with dump cart #1690503. The cross reference table indicates (as does my parts book) that these fit my 7117H tractor.(#1690571) The parts book I have shows both these vacuums with left side pickup to the center of the impellor fan and a drive pulley and belt on the right side. (If I am looking at this correctly) The left hand pickup seems correct for the 48" deck with left side discharge that I am using. My question is: Since the center PTO is on the left side of the tractor, where is the vacuum driven from? The Revitalizer I have is driven from the left side off of the center PTO. The pictures Kent have up on the website don't clearly indicate how the vacuum is driven, but do show tillers driven from the left side off of the center PTO. Is the vacuum mount offset from the center of the tractor so the right side drive pulley on the vacuum lines up with the left side PTO on the tractor? Any information would be appreciated. Thank You.

Hey Jeff! I have that same vacuum on my 7016 (1690402) and I think I know what diagram that is confusing you (I'm looking at the manual right now) To clear things up, your vacuum is driven off of the center pto located on the left side of your tractor. You always use the outside pulley to drive your rear attachments. Now, on the vacuum, you have a drive pulley on the blower shaft and a constant tension pulley that all line up directly behind your center pto on the LEFT side. The blower housing is behind the left rear wheel so that these pulleys will line up. I own the complete operator's manual on the pto driven vacuum collector - frame mounted. I could photo copy this for you and mail it to you if you'd like. Just let me know. Hang in there, Jeff!!! Randy