Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
jdschool

Sovereign-V-twin Kohler-problems running-help!

jdschool
I've gotten the Sovereign running. It's got a Kohler 18hp V-twin with Hydro and Hydro implement lift (nice!). The engine purrs soooo nicely but when I run it at full throttle it runs for about 3-5 minutes before completely quiting. If I pull the choke completely out I can get it to start and run for about a minute before quitting again. This is not an electrical problem, as I've got plenty of spark to ignite whatever gas is there. I've put a new inline fuel filter on, so that's not the problem. My thoughts are that the carb may need a rebuild, but I've only worked on the single cylinder Kohlers and have no idea what I'm getting into by trying to get at the carb on the V-twin. Does anyone have any suggestions or a Tech guide on the carb off a V-twin? Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give.