Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

ac 410s parts found

jkmustang1

I have been a member now only a few days I signed up to help a buddy without a computer find parts for a ac 410s and because dad was a ac dealer years ago and I was a 7-10 old brat hanging around the shop alot of weekends and summers. county fair was great got to drive lawn tractor in parade or ride a fender on larger stuff and in these couple days I have made deals with Ron and Ed and another member for the parts needed to make it driveable again and ready to mow and show thanks guys

Jon, While checking my parts (between rain storms) I found the gas tank straps. I will include then, no charge. One strap had the very end hook rusted off. I will re-bend it to match the other. It will be about a half inch shorter. They have a rubber band that goes over the tank, so that little change shouldn't be noticed.

Hey guys anybody got a good gage cap for the gas tank not with tractors cobled tank and Ron doesn't have one to go with the tank we are getting from him would be nice to have one because cap comes through hole in the hood and is seen all the time thanks again Jon

John, I don't know what type of gas tank and guage that model had, but Simplicity still sells gas caps with guages in two different sizes. A shorter one to fit the old B-series with its smaller metal tank, and a longer one to fit the 700 series with its larger plastic gas tank...

I bought a new gas cap (with gage)at the local Simplicity dealer the other week, the long one was something like $13......

Thanks guys I only live about a mile from 224 auto one of the local dealers here and about that far from another dealer that just changed hands and names Jon

Thanks Rod got your e-mail and will be waiting for the goods I will send casher check as soon as we can after you get total Jon

Great Rod called Charlie today my girlfriend saw a large cabinet along a street here in Findlay I went and looked at it a fold out writing type desk to big to fit in my explorer went right in Charlie's truck then his tractor barn we think it will make a great place to sit and work on parts and storage too looked at the 410 still blocked up waiting to drive again Charlie an I both understand how hectic life can be Thanks again Jon

Jon, I started my build-up of my AC712 from a pile of parts around Christmas. Still not far enough along to crank it up yet. With some luck, I may get the carb installed and get to some of the wiring this weekend. I don't have the driveshaft, so I will have to make the 410 shaft work in the 712. I hope it is close enough that I don't have to lengthen it. Oh well, I've done it before.

Rod checks in the mail pick up time on the box 5pm you should have it in a few days see private message for details thanks again

Yea !!! PARTS ARE HERE Arrived in a large box well packed. Charlie is comming for them later tonight. Thanks again for the help Rod We should have it together soon hope to post pics if I can beg a camera from another buddy Jon

Well its almost done. Got the tank in and the collum installed after painting it All that is needed now is the bolt for the stearing wheel and gas in the tank to run next put the deck on and a mowing we will go sorry no pics couldn't get camera today will try for it when done

• 3 weeks later...
Rod The latch arrived in afternoon mail. Getting it to Charlie in afternoon. It appeers to be very useable for his needs thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry it took so long to get the shift knob, but it will be easier on the hand than the threaded shaft! That's what this forum is all about, tractor guys helping tractor guys! BTW, anyone have 400 series hood latches? need 2. John

Thanks John for the knob8D Charlie is very busy so getting together to finish it has been tough:( We are still looking for a hood latch too:p Just got one from Rod thanks again8D We need a good pad for the seat pan larger than any that Carlie has8 Could use a whole seat the pan is rusty and cracked but repairable I think? So far this site has been a great help and alot of fun:D If any of you can help let me know

We are taking the tractor to the Northwest Ohio Antique Machinery and Steam Engine Show:D See post under events and gatherings for show info:p

We had the tractor moving under it's own power today:D Got the steering collum bolt that attaches the wheel cut to leanth;) Went to simplicity dealer to order gas tank rubber straps:) Same thing as on a 7000 type tractor the guy said8D The one we had in there broke:I Went to the hardware store and got some steel strap to make two more gas tank hook straps:) Put shift knob on and painted hood latch to put on later:) Ran out of time to work today Charlie had to go someware darn:(!

This is the gas cap I got at my local dealer for about $12 or $13. It is the longer one for a 3310(et al) tank. Notice that it has red on it, not just black and white like the old ones. It also has the large vent in the center. While this is the OEM part, many other caps will work.... I'd like to see some pics, too when you get the chance to post them...