Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Cultivator....

Bunky

I Saw one of these at portland indiana, the guy wanted $150 or $175 for it .. Are these rare??? Is this the going price?? I had never saw one til then.. I'm not sure what I would do with one but wouldn't mind having one... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/b_attachments_images/cultivator.jpg[/img]

I have the rear portion of that cultivator that I purchased at the Conn. Show where club members had a gathering. I was right there when it was unloaded and bought it for $40.00. I felt pretty lucky. After buying it, other members had said they would have bought it. So I guess I was lucky to get it. There are different pieces that attach to it. Some have a spring tooth and some have a straight shank with a blade/cultivator on the end. In my opinion the price of $150-175 seemed a little high, but if you really want it and cant find it then it might be worth it. You have to base that decision on how available they are, how badly you want it, etc. I hope this helps you, Al

Well I thought it was kind of High priced but I wasn't sure I would of probably gave $100 for the set.... Like I need any more attachments or tractors I already ahve to build a addition onto my horse barn for storage... LOL

I looked at the same unit.I thought it was high priced so I left it there. Did anybody pick up the trailer with the pipes on it for the blower system? I was going to get it but I did'nt know how I was going to get it back I did not have any tools along to take the pipes off to fit in the truck.The price was good at $20 the box needed work but the tires were good and the frame was in good shape.All I came back with was 2 funnels.Bob

The same guy had the dump cart for $150. Too rich for me. I bought a similar cultivator for $5 at an auction last year. Gonna raise the center shovels and use the outer ones only to make seed furrows this weekend after I till one more time if it is dried out enough. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/Brent_Baumer/cultmow.jpg[/img] Brent

i got the rear section of cultivator,snow plow,10" garden plow and some kind of hitch from a guy for $50.00.two weeks later found the middle section (brand new)for $75.00(alot to me but)got it anyway.also have a spring tooth harrow for it that i gave $50.00 for.the only thing i don't have is a grader blade.have 3 snow blades but no grader blade.

quote:
Originally posted by Brent_Baumer
The same guy had the dump cart for $150. Too rich for me. I bought a similar cultivator for $5 at an auction last year. Gonna raise the center shovels and use the outer ones only to make seed furrows this weekend after I till one more time if it is dried out enough. Brent
That's a pretty neat looking cultivator. Do you know if it's something someone put together, or was it manufactured for a particular tractor? Steve

I believe it is part of an AC cultivator. I made the hitch for it. I used it this morning to make seed rows by removing the 3 center shovels. Goodbye to the days of driving stakes, stretching strings and using a hoe to make the furrows. What do you think? [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/Brent_Baumer/cultrow.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/Brent_Baumer/cultclose.jpg[/img]

Brent, Looks too me like your havin way too much fun. If I came across one of those OEM cultivator I'd have to use it in the 'south 40' just too make rows...MPH

Your rows are to straight. You get more crop per acre in crooked rows! My excuse any way? What are you going to use to cover your seed? Nice pixs!

The kids and I planted most of the garden today. A few things we are gonna wait on. Just used a hoe to cover, although I did consider using the belly grader blade. Brent

Well Til i run across another one of these I will look for a Brinly Cultivator.. I saw a few at jones Cheap I should of bought one...

I was checking out the Attachments for the B series.. and there is a spring tooth harrow also,it looks like it full with with no cut out for the plants... I wouldn't mind one of these....

quote:
Originally posted by Brent_Baumer
I believe it is part of an AC cultivator. I made the hitch for it. I used it this morning to make seed rows by removing the 3 center shovels. Goodbye to the days of driving stakes, stretching strings and using a hoe to make the furrows. What do you think?
I think it looks pretty darn good! :D Steve