Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
lsenus

Engine Powered Vacuum Questions

lsenus
Does anyone have an engine powered vacumm collector setup? If so, I'd like to get some photos of the setup. Specifically how it attaches to the tractor, the overall length, and how the cart hitches to it. I've got a vacuum head I picked up, and an engine laying around, and I'd like to fabricate a setup, but I need good photos or drawings of how it is setup from the factory.

thedaddycat
On this Craftsman unit, the bracket at right attaches to the tractor permanently. The blower frame cross bar at the front drops into U slots at the back of the bracket and bolts through the towing hitch hole.

The engine and blower are directly coupled.

High volume cart with cover, the back end of the cover is mesh to let the air pass through while catching the debris.

Only four bolts hold the engine/blower to the frame. It looks like no problem to rotate the whole unit 180 in the frame for a left discharge deck if I want to adapt this frame to my tractors.

By using the trailer ball hitch as a template, it looks like it wouldn't be too hard to get the blower frame to mount to the Simplicity tractors like the OEM ones. I hope this helps.