Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

86 Simplicity Sunstar

docs

Doc, Without knowing the particulars, like attachments, running condition etc it is tough to put a price on it. But if it is in good running shape I'd have to say that $1500 sounds reasonable to me. Rob

Pretty broad question, but on the other hand Soverigns of that vintage are fetching that or better, and a Sunstar is a bigger tractor. If you think it's good go for it.

Well is has the deck, blade and chains has 680hrs on it in good shape. I do not know the details yet but I posted some images in my gallery of that one and a legacy for sale at 9200 with front loader. Don't really know much about these but I think I may wait until i find that 720 or 9020 I want at a good price. Doc

9020 I beleived, was replaced by Sunstar and Sunstar was replaced by Legacy. You will pay as much or more for 9020, so go for Sunstar.

I would but most of the sunstars did not have the rear PTO. From what I can find, PTO's were an option that you had to pay xtra for. Most of the 9020's and 720's had the PTO's. That is one of the features I am after along with the heavy duty design. Doc

I have a 16 HP Sunstar that looks very similar to this one. Mine is from the first year they were made, 1988. $1500 is a great price with the blade and weights (I really would like to get a set for mine!). I paid only $600 (with 290 hours on it) but I've put another $500 in it rebuilding the deck, new battery, bearings, front tires, etc. What is the HP and deck size for this one?

Someone Call the Law. You stold that for 600.00 This is a 20hp, I am not really sure what they sold for new and have not bothered to check yet. But I am going to get more detail on it as soon as I can. And I too have rebuild the deck on my landlord when I first got it. It was so noisy you couldn't stand the noise. The guy I got it off of said there wasn't anything wrong with it, But I think he hit the floor in the mornings with a bottle in his hand. I put all new bearings in it and took out the inner seals of the bearings, Drilled and taped the mower shaft housings and put grease zerts in them. Now you can hardly hear the mower run at all, Turned out real good. But anyway I am really looking to get a good deal on one of the older ones. I believe they are built a lot better than the mid 70's and up. Thanks for the Advice. Doc