Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Leroy

K341 AQS

Leroy
I went to the dealer with digital pics of my engine as it sat. I was hoping to get info on Gov, and Carb cable, and linkage settings. they asked me if it was surging. I said yep, and they said it was the carb. The reason i doubt that is because the spring is not starting out tight to the throttle. When i manually rev the engine with my hand on the butterfly it responds quickly. when i use the throttle to control the speed the advancement is very eratic. any one else have a simular problem and resolution?

dvogt
it could be in your gov. linkage . but if the throttle shaft on your carb is worn real bad that could cause it to . when you operate it buy hand the gov. is not controling it or trying to control it

Brent_Baumer
A worn throttle shaft is a common problem on these. Lets air get sucked into the carb through the shaft. Moving it by hand may be putting pressure on the shaft at an angle different from the cable and temporarily eliminating the problem. Just a guess. They sell a re-bushing kit to fix the problem. Brent

Leroy
The shaft is tight no movement other than radial. I am of the understanding that the spring from the throttle to the gov should be in some tension. This spring is compressed and there is over travel of the spring within the lincage when the throttle is at it lowest point.