Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  

3210V questions!

ok I have a ? Does anybody make a electronic ignition for a 3210V? If so I think that would make this tractor alot more reliable! If they do, I read about sending in your flywheel to be repolerized? whats that about? Charging: It looks like the charging wire off the GEN got a lttle hot so I tryed to groung the F ter on it and it did not show a charge so I think that side of it is toast?! cause the starter still works super. So I will see if I can get that bad boy apart and see what is going on with it any advice? Thanks Doug P.S.Throttle cable: The cable on mine is junk! I put a new one on it in 95 and now its junk again what have some of you done and or what could I do on this cable problem?

powerking_one
Doug, I wrote on this subject some time ago; many others have as well. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=8770&SearchTerms=briggs Tom(PK)

RenegadeJ
I really don't care much for the pull and twist to lock throttle cables. On all of my tractors, 3112V, 3212V, B-212 and B112 I ordered the complete control assembly, (Lever cable and mounting hardware), the drilled small hole in the side of the dash panel for the installation. Works much better than the old original style throttle.

Stoneheartfarm
quote:
Originally posted by RenegadeJ
I really don't care much for the pull and twist to lock throttle cables. On all of my tractors, 3112V, 3212V, B-212 and B112 I ordered the complete control assembly, (Lever cable and mounting hardware), the drilled small hole in the side of the dash panel for the installation. Works much better than the old original style throttle.
Being as how I just managed to bust my throttle cable, this discussion is near and dear to my heart. Do you have a picture of the modification (lever cable)say on the B212? How are you routing the control cable? Any idea about what the replacement cables run? Steve