Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

MY FIRST TRACTOR WITH RUNNING BOARDS!

JBLACK

Well, I really did it this time wife and kids went out of town for the holiday and I picked up another simplicity local dealer didn`t know he had it sitting out back so I asked about it and he looked it over and said as it sits for 200.00 It is a 7010-6 with deck needs headlghts and cosmetics but looks to be complete.The only trouble is when I hooked the battery up I get nothing no clcking or anything the motor is not tight this is my first encounter with a kohler engine/starter alternator what should I check for? any imput will be appreciated.:)?JBlack

solenoid and key switch. If it sat out in the weather there is a good chance its the solenoid.

Could be a bad switch or maybe a bad circuit breaker.Try a jump wire between the two large posts on the starter solenoid.It should turn over if it does but won't start try another jump wire from the positive battery to the plus side of coil.Doing both of these will bypass all safety and start switches.The battery is full charge?Good luck.:)

Thanx I`ll give that a try does any one know if the rear lift rod and sleeve off the old 101:D landlords will fit this one ?

The rear lift itself will fit, but it uses a different "stepped collar" on the left hitch upright, unless I'm mistaken. You'll also have to use a lift cable instead of the solid rod.

I also have a AC 7010-6. Check the safety switch to see if it works,make sure the gear shifter is in the middle position for starting. Run a battery cable to the starter.

Well , starter will turn engine over when jumped from battery. new solinoid, new switch ,new battery, cables, new amp meter, checked the fuse still no juice???? what am I missing this should have been a quick fix!