Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Now Ain't that Pretty/4040/Titan Lugs& new Rims

MPH

Got my new 10.5 by 15 rims yesterday for the 4040 so first thing this morning I was at the tire shop geting the new lugs mounted. The rims cost me 49 bucks each from 6 royobies in Fairbanks, all painted and clean...With the recent talk on different Lugs took pics of my goodyears on the 725 and Carlies on the B112 also. Took them first with the new Titans next too them but lost all pics on the camera somehow.. MPH

Yee...Ha!! You're fixed up now. Glad to see you found some rims closer to home. Enjoy!8D

tractormike
It looks like your ready for some serious playing in the dirt. Nice looking rigs you got there! Let us know how the lugs do verses the turf tires with chains.

What does a set of lugs cost? Been thinking when I get the 920 dun seeing if they will trade me my near new turf tires for lugs. Also what lugs will give a guy them most bite possoble. Not worred about the yard I want tracton for plowing.

Neil, I found a set in portland, mounted on rims for $65 a piece. average cost for lugs,4 ply is around $50 to $80. Steve

Marty, Looking good!! Going to go with lugs on my blue tractor, I got them for the front, now got to find rears. I was following that thread, I think from Kent, about his new ones from Tucker Tire. I hope Tucker gets different ones in, as they were very nice to deal with. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/JoeJ/joej_sig2.gif[/img]

Neil, I can't find the ticket on what I paid for the 4040 tires. I think it was about a hundred bucks each. I was so pumped about bringing them home as luggage on the plane, thus saving the price of one tire on shipping, finding them while I was out in Nebr visiting my mom they were just a bargin. Saw a lot of 23 by10.5 by 12in tires in different farm stores thoughout eastern half of Nebr. for under fifty dollars. Think a Firestone or Goodyear would be best tread if you can find them. The lugs are deepper and closer together plus have a little wiggle to them. If you look closely at the Goodyear and the new Titans, and compare to the Carlie on the 112 you can see what I mean. In all reality, not sure it is that important on these little guys as the 112 is hard to break lose with the Carlies and too much bit might just tear something up..MPH

Thanks for the info. I might just have to dig deeper in my pocket and find the money to buy them cus they would really help finish of my 920 also I might try to look for 3 rib front tires that were menchend in another post. It will end up looking like a minnie 8020