Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
SmilinSam

If you want to gripe....

SmilinSam
....about having to unhook the driveshaft to change the belt to your starter Generator, just be glad you are not changing the belts on my Magna Trak/ Struck Mini Dozer .....

SmilinSam
There's a post around here somehwere with pictures of it. Its the smaller one of their two versions. I was dozing gravel into the holes in my drive yesterday after getting it all together. Doen't work too bad. Only design complaint I have is the location of the power blade lift switch. Its on the side of the frame and you need to stop and move the blade and then go again. Needs to be on one of the motion levers. I'll fix that in time. Broke one of the reverse belts right off. Took an hour to change. You have to undo the cross shaft bearins on two shafts and slide them out of the frame a little so you can loop the belt over the end of the shaft. The main drive belt is broke now. Need to loose two more cross shafts, the idlershaft, and the engine to change it. WHAT...A ... BEAR!

KSever
Just for you Marty, I searched it out so you could see it. [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=10449&SearchTerms=trac[/url] [img]http://a5.cpimg.com/image/13/F8/14062355-7203-02000174-.jpg[/img]

MPH
Thanks Kris..Looked one over a guy in Tok hear has. Calls it his D-.9. Well built I thought but defenitly compacted together. Good luck with it Sam, sounds like you need to replace all belts then go use it..MPH

SmilinSam
I ain't goin to replace the 4 forward drive belts if I don't have to. Those look like absolute misery to deal with. I filled all the holes in the drive with it today and graded the gravel in front of the shed too. Working on making the over the center lift arm for the rear brinley hitch, then I believe I'll put Dutchs' Grader blade on the back with the serrated side down.