Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
gearhead

leaky landlord

gearhead
Hey guys I have a question about my 66' 101. It seems like my right axle has a very slow leak where it goes into the trans. Is there a seal there that i can replace. And if so where could i find that seal and what would be involved in replacing it. Thanks

Kent
There's an axle seal there, but I've never replaced one, so I can't give tips on how to do it. You can try searching for "axle seal" and find some tips from older posts.

thedaddycat
Keep the level full and don't worry about it. To change the seal you will need to remove the differential including the carrier(inner half keyed to axle tube). Then you have to pull the old seal and install the new one. Make sure the axle tube is shiny clean and burr free before installing the new seal.

ReedS
All three of my tractors leak here as well, the 2110's seal is about to fall out all on it's own :( and it leaves a puddle everytime I use it :(!. I guess that one will get done. I just got seals from sli not to long ago the part# is 154269 (Simplicity) and they are about $6.00 ea + shipping.