Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
a7117puller

PTO Belt Drivin 9.5K-10K Watt Generator

a7117puller
'Bout couple years ago, dad had ordered this generator from a catolog, and got it finally almost a year later...y2k scare... and had a buddy of ours mount it onto a fabricated frame so it could go on to back of our tractors. I finally took some pics of this cool attachment.

ill put on a tractor tomorrow and take some more pics.

Leroy
I have a simular item that i want to put on a tractor should i get one running. It's a welder. It wants 20 HP but may work on a 18. I have a 12 18 and a 20 but the 12 is needing a oil ring . the 18 is a vert shaft and the unit it is in is a JC penny and it has had a shade tree mech working on it in the dark/ lost most of the fasteners to the shrouding the oil spout was broken and modified, he used a slip fit approach a skinny one inside of a fatter dip tube so i guess it he was low on oil he just dropped the tube a bit????. I would not know it has not ran while in my hands yet. The 20 HP needs a foot welded on it and then tested and the fixturing (LoveJoy) maybe for the connection to my 7117 tranny. I will provide pics when it is a go.

besslinger
Puller, I was thinking of doing the same thing. I have a AC 716 and the 10K watt generator I was looking at suggested 20 Hp engine. Do you know the specifications for your generator relative to your tractor motor? Have you tryed putting a load on the generator near the generators capacity to see if things work OK? I need my generator to power 7.5K watts and am looking at a 10k watt generator. Your experience could be very helpfull. Brad

a7117puller
it said something about atleast 16hp minimum, but got it on a 7117 with that 17horse kohler twin, so no problem. and we have did run the christmas lights one year for few minutes, lots of strings of bulbs, and it handled it no problem. were gonna use it as a backup power supply for in storms too, just throw main switch and backfeed it in from welding outlet..220.. It has come in handy many times, it went up to the summercamp's spring work trek couple times now(tesomas scout camp), and the tractor/gen unit went into areas where normal tractor couldnt even get into, and hills too. the generator weights about 117 pounds i think, so may want to have a counterbalance on the front.