Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
PhanDad

Conquest vs Late Model Sovereign

PhanDad
If you were buying new equipment, how would the Simplicity Conquest, a "yard tractor" rate against a '96 to '00 Sovereign? If the major tasks are mowing grass, raking leaves, and pushing or blowing snow, it seems the Conquest might be better. (a sacrilegious statement on this site?) Thoughts?

UCD
Simplicity Conquest is a Vertical shaft engine small frame lawn tractor. Simplicity Sovereign is a Horizontal shaft engine large frame garden tractor. Made to do heavier work. More attachments avaialabe. Easier to find the hitches for the attachments.

RayS
If you buy the hitch for the back of the conquest anything that fit the sovereign will work on a conquest. But the conquest doesn`t come with hydralic lift and the prestige does. Ray

Charlieson
I recently took a good hard look at both the conquest,legacy and the prestige. Quite frankly I wouldnt use them for anything but mowing. They just arent made as heavy as the Sovereign's. If I had to pay that much for a tractor, I'd throw in a few thousand more and get a compact diesel. The new Simplicity's are made to mow nice flat yards, not pull plows, or push snow, or tow carts full of rocks and wood, or pull stumps. All things that I do with my sovereign. The salesman even admitted that they arent made as heavy as they use to be. ddh