Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Broadmoor rear tire size?

mowerman1193

Anyone ever put bigger tires on the older Broadmoor?I have a 717 and the tires on it now are 18x9.50x8.I was thinking about trying bar lugs 20x9.50x8.Just wondered if they would fit ok.It seems like the later model Broadmoors (5008&5010) has the larger tires but I am not sure.

they may work i dont know for sure but i have a B207E and i put lug tires on the size are 18x9.50x8 and they look good one it Tony

Don't know why you couldn't as long as they don't rub the inner fender and are wider than the mower deck if you mow with it.

Thanks for the information,I do plan to use the mower on it and if I remember right the stock tires are fairly close to the deck so the bigger ones probably wont work

Kevin - the 5010 had 20x8-10 rears. I have put 20x10-8 as a direct replacement on a 717 and a 728, with no problem at all. No interference with the mower deck. Not a real common size - Available from Cedar Rapids Tire. Tom

Thanks Tom,After looking at my tractor a little closer I thought they might fit.Do you have any pictures of your tractor with the tires on it?I would like to see how it looks with the bigger tires.Seems like the stock size looks to small on them.

Kevin - I do not have a picture available right now. Sometime this summer, I am going to load a bunch of pictures and have them available for posting like this. As I say, however, I have put the 20x10-8 tires on all of my Broadmoors. They clear the fenders and the deck just fine, and the wide 10" tread is great on the turf. I kept the 18x9.5-8 tires/wheels for winter use: I leave the chains and weights on them and just change out the wheels when I am setting up for plowing and snow blowing. Takes 30 seconds to pull the pins and change the wheels, as long as you keep them greased up good so they don't seize. No more struggling with chains every fall. I had to buy the extra wheels but they are cheap and readily available. I blasted and powder coated them before I had the bigger tires mounted. Tom

I put 22x11-8 ATV tires on my D/A 1613 (same as Broadmoor as near as I an tell). I use it to pull logs out of the bush, haul gravel in a little trailer etc. Works good, nice light footprint, but had to flare the fenders for clearance. Don't have a mower on it, so can't say what interference or other problems there might be. There a couple of pictures of it in my gallery. Doug PS: Although this is my first post, I have been reading this forum for some time and have gained a huge amount of knowledge about these tractors. Thanks to everyone for all the great info!