Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Traction Report

MPH

Wellllll Heck, can't brag about all the traction I got outta the lugs on the 4040 over the downsized truck tire chains, still just dig 2 holes real quick if I bury the springtooth too deep. Nor can I brag about my weld job as I rebroke 2 outta 3. The lugs ride across the gravel drive a lot better then the chains and they sure do look a lot better. Quite sure my traction problem is lack of wts. as I have none on it. Double wts made a world of diff on the 725 and B112 both. Next endever I recon, naw, gotta make that getting the 725 back together...Toys?????????????MPH

Marty, did you load the tires? That's cheap weight that doesn't stress the drivetrain quite as bad. Lugs will dig holes quickly -- the trick is to get traction without spinning. Weight will help there, for sure.

No Kent, I didn't load the tires. Thought about it real hard but would really rather come up with iron wheel wts. With no more time then I'm home too use it right now figure I have some time to look. MPH

Hey MPH, what size Carlisle tires are on your AC.and how wide are the rims? I was on the carlisle web site and see they have 2 different styles of ag tire for garden tractors what model are yours? I want to put a set on my newly aquired 7010 once I get it running.JBlack:D

John, my Carlisle's are 23 x 10.5 x 12, mounted on 8 inch rims. Other then 4 ply there is nothing else on them..Interestingly, the tread is as wide on them as the 12.5's I just put on the 4040. Oh, with 10lbs air they sit nice and square on the 8 inch rim, a concern I had when I mounted them...MPH

Thanks Martin, I have power tracks on my 101 and 8.50 is as wide as you can get in them so yours must be the other model and I can`t remember the name right now I`ll go to the links page later and look! thanks looks do-able to me John.