Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
larryb

uneven deck on 912H

larryb
I have been an avid fan and reader of your site for over a year, I bought an Allis and thought I'd better join. It's unfortunate that my first posting has to be a problem of my own. The 912 has 42in deck that sets about 1 1/2in.lower on the discharge side than the other. I pulled down the setup pdf, and made all the adjustments that I could. It still seems about an inch lower.When the adjustment roller on the right touches the ground the other is about 1 in off. I would be very greatful for any advice.

PatRarick
The deck is supposed to be run only in the down position of the lift, hanging by the front mounting pins and riding on the rollers. You can't adjust it with the lift up. It will normally hang somewhat lower on the discharge side, as the lift is raising it from the other side. The cutting hieght is adjusted by raising or lowering the deck on the rollers. I once had the problem you describe, with the lift lever in the down position. Turned out to be a twisted bail. Pat

Ishmael2k
If the deck is resting on the ground with slack in the lift cable, the rollers are adjusted to the same height and you have the same size tires on the tractor then it sounds like there might be a problem with the leveling asembly. I had the same problem with a 48" deck off of a 712s. No matter how many times I tried to adjust the deck it would never come level. Turns out the previous owner had always used the deck to get on and off the tractor, with it raised and had managed to warp the housing. I never did fix it, but from what I saw it looked like you'd need to remove the leveling assembly and check it for straightness. It could also be one of the pivot points are binding.

larryb
Thanks for the info. I can see that this is going to be a work in progress. The terain is such,and grass is so thick that I have to cut at the highest setting. But enough on that subject. I really am impressed with the all arround power output of the 912, in the short time I've used it seems to be right up there with my benchmark ( an old wheelhorse GT14 that I had a few years ago).And with the variety of engines and attachments I think will fit maybe even surpass it. Hope I don't bug you guys to much. You can't find the answer if you don't ask the question. Thanks again LarryB