Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How to wire electric lift ?- Need Help and Diagram

schaefer72

hi i am going to add an electric lift to one of my tractors - dose anyone know the basic setup of how to wire it or can someone make me a simple / basic diagram of the wiring hook ups ? - i have an electric lift with 2 wires , a battery , and a 15 amp double pole- double throw - temp. switch with 6 prongs , (on)off(on) , - i know that when i hook up the wires to the battery it goes one way and when i reverse them it goes the other - i dont know how to wire this into the switch and battery or is it run throught the recharging system somehow ? - also is the power for the electric lift just come off the battery only ? - is the only connections comming off the battery a pos. / neg. wires ? - the whole switch thing confuses me - need help - thanks alot

Jason, go here. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/techpubsearch.php Type in and download 1690352 and 1690043. The first one is an operators manual and in the back of the book is an atypical wire diagram for a power lift and the second on is an atypical operators book for a lift ass'y. This might help you.

You want to wire the pos. and neg. to one set of end terminals, then make short jumpers and wire them the opposite way to the other end terminals. They are the green and black wires shown on this OEM "Wire Harness and Switch", Part Number 1651166. The middle terminals go to the lift, the yellow and black wires shown here.