Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

tiller hookup problems

McGill

Here I go again. I'm trying to hook up a simplicity tiller to my AC 110 and am having a hard time. Seems the fenders on the 110 are not designed to accept this tiller. If I do some bending of the engagement rod downward I can get it to work under the fender, but, I'd really like it to work correctly. Q. Is the tiller made for the 110 different from the tiller made for the 101 landlord? Since the fenders are different it appears that the tiller would work properly on the landlord. Trouble is the landlord doesn't have a rear lift kit.

I am no authority but your lift kit should fit on your 101 then just put a larger drive pulley on and go! I guess I should ask witch tiller you have first?

Dennis, The B-110 used the same 32" flat-top tiller with enclosed ends as the later Landlords, and the same tiller drive. It is a very tight fit up underneath the rear fender though as I recall, from using one on my B-210. I think I had to pull the real fender out just a bit (1/4" ??) on that corner where it drops down. I simply did the same thing to the other side, to match, and its not noticeable. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/b_attachments_images/tiller.jpg[/img]

Thanks, your tiller doesn't look quite like mine, my engagement handle sticks out the back as does the engagement rod. I did solve my problem though, I put a seat and fenders off an old Simplicity 725 and did the tilling.