Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
mowerman1193

Front Axle/Spindle Bushings

mowerman1193
I took the bushings out of the axle tub on my Broadmoor 717 and thought I would replace them while I am restoring/rebuilding it.Anyone know if they are a special bushing.They look different than the ones that was in my Massey that I restored.These have like little dimples on the inside of them.I am thinking it is for the grease to set in to help better lubricate the spindle shaft.My Massey just had a smooth surface inside the bushings. My dealer can order me new ones for about 2.60 each, but if I just get smooth ones then I can get them from the industrial supply store for about .50 each.I would rather have the style like I took out but I will be mad if the dealer just gets me the smooth ones at that price. Anyone been there and done that?Can you tell me anything about it?The dealer part number is 154289. Thanks