Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

B-1 ENGINE SWAP

HAVE A B-1 WITH A 7.25 B & S THAT PUKED. HAVE A NEWER B & S 8 H.P. PROBLEM IS THAT CRANKSHAFT SIDE ON ENGINE IS SMALLER.WISH TO USE STARTER-GENERATOR ALSO ON THIS ENGINE. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO MAKE THIS WORK? THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP. GARY S

tej
Gary, What do you mean by the crank shaft side is smaller, what's smaller? Did the B1 have a starter or are you adding it and if your adding it does it go with the newer engine. What problems do you have fitting on the tractor? Tim

dlcentral
I want to buy the old eng. where are you located?If you are putting in a newer style 8 hp the starter pulley won't fit the new eng. Unless you know a machinist to modify it.As long as you don't need the crank pulley for a snowblower,that's not a problem. dlc

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Bill725
    • PhanDad
    • gwiseman
    • bowhunt4life
    • PGL
    • rokon2813
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Chad Bartlett
      Chad Bartlett
      (37 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• dav-1

dav-1  »  Talntedmrgreen

Over a year ago, you answered a question I had about the tool bar for my FDT. In your reply dated Dec 31, 2019  you said the spacer, part #16, goes in the bar to allow for up and down depth adjustment. does this mean the bolt has to be tightened at whatever depth desired or does the bolt slide up and down, allowing the lower hitch to free float?
         If it is tightened so the lower hitch and the bar are rigid, then is the depth to be controlled by the shoes? Or by the lift handle?
        Is there any kind of user directions for the tool bar? The Outdoor Power Manual basically shows how to assemble the bar but not how to use it
      · 1 reply
    • tribswede

tribswede  »  goatfarmer

ISO a deck for a 6516 H and all the connecting hardware any ideas on where to start?

· 1 reply
  • Adverts