Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
samson

Gas tanks B10 B12 etc.

samson
Since its so hard to find a gas tank for the older acs and simpls. I found the right size, cut the fill hole out, ground the metal down to bare steel, pop rivited it back on on the end of the tank, and then patched the old hole. Use muriatic acid and 50/50 solider like they used for the old galvanized gutters. If you are a good body man you can't tell the differance. All and all with the hood on it looks good. samson

HubbardRA
I have empty holes in the hood of both my AC 700 series tractors, but I use plastic tanks removed from other makes. I have thought of just using "bondo" to close the holes.

Stoneheartfarm
Mine has an engine mounted tank, and the former owner welded the hole shut and filledd it over with Bondo. Actually, I wish I could go back to the regular tank since it would be a little easier to check and fill that the sided mounted tank. It's just that $100.00 price tag. Steve