Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydro fluid change

Bunky

I picked up a 7016H The hydro fluid is looks like motor oil,or hydraulic oil instead of Dextron or Type F it doesn't seem to be burnt and works ok... But it's just alittle low... Should i just leave it or should i change it????? What should I use ???? Type F, Hytrans, or Dextron??????

I would say change it and the filter. Just that way you will know for sure what is in it if you ever have to add agan. And you dont know how long its been sence the filter has been changed.

Also Does anyone know the filter number or If they have used any aftermarket filter's????????

If ya can wate tell tomarrow I have the filter number out in the shop because I just put a new filter on my 920 (700 series rear end) I used auto tranny flud type F. thats what the book called for after asking here. Mine had like hydrolic oil in the rearend and in the bgb. I replaced the bgb oil with 90WT oil.

Ok I won't change it til the weekend... just was trying go gather info for the task....

Bunky You should use the ATF and a Simplicity filter. Not all filters are created equal. Just because a number crosses doesn't mean it is made to original equipment specs and might not have correct valveing in it.

Yes I think I will use the simplicity Filter.... It's not that much money.... And your probably right about the valving...

The simplicity filter number is 1650954 for the external filter mount. We have a nother brand of filter laying arround that lookes like it would fit but I would just use the simplicity.

Yes I'm gonna use the Simplicity filter, I called my local dealer today she informed me that they had them on back order and that they sell aftermarket because they are alittle cheaper.. I would of thought they would of sold Simplicity filters.....

I use Dextron III, which is what the manual calls for. Change your fluid and filter, you'll be amazed at how much more smoothly you tractor runs.

I was talking to someone today, about the Simplicity Filters... does anyone know who make the filters for Simplicity?? I'm sure that someone else makes them for Simplicty...

See this link. Very educational -- for me, at least: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15968&SearchTerms=hydro,filter

Yes I think thats very informative too.. And yes I will just spend the money I will have to order or drive to get an original one my local dealer sells aftermarket filters....

NOT ALL FILTERS ARE CREATED EQUAL Some filters have bypass valves some do not. The ones that do the bypass valves are set at different pressures. Some filters have anti siphon valves some do not. Some filters have both. A lot of cheap filters have neither. Cheap filters might have the right filter paper in it but very little of it. Just because a filter has the right size threads and the right size 0 ring gasket does not mean it is the right filter with the correct bypass valve or anti siphon valve or has the correct micron size and amount of filter paper for the application.

• 3 weeks later...
Well I started this discussion a Week or so ago and bought a Simplicity Filter, But afterwards there has Been a lot of talk on Napa Filters (Wix?) The NAPA part is #51068 The only think I can tell is how many microns The Napa filter has....