Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Thanks Dutch good advise for paint color

KSever

I went and picked up some rattle can paint to finish off the Landlord today at the auto parts store. Did a search that I remembered Dutch posting about the old Simplicity Orange paint. Picked up the Duplicolor 1607 Chevy red-orange and it matched right to the Deep Orange of Simplicity. I can hold the chevy painted piece up to the Simplcity painted piece and you can't Barely tell the difference but the chevy paint is a little shinier for now anyway. Thanks Dutch it was a big help and half the price. Kris When I get it dry I'll post a few pics

Kris, I am painting my 712S project with Chevy Engine Orange in rattlecans. You probably saw the posts "AC 712 from Parts". Anyway, it is nearly a perfect match, covers well, and comes out very shiny.

Thanks Kris, I'm happy you got a good match. It's nice to hear that someone actually reads and tests info posted rather than just ask the same questions over and over.