Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rear Blade??

Bunky

I have on order a blade from dutch, and I already have a underbelly grader blade.. I would like to make a Rear blade out of one of the blades, Has anyone built there own rear blade and might want to share plans or pictures???

I think Dutch posted plans for the set-up like he has on his tractor with the rear blade.I am not sure where its at on the site though.

Bunky, I used a Brinly rear lift arm. I'll be sending you the Brinly part numbers with the belly hitch plans and the blade. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/brinly-arm.jpg[/img]

Oh ok I thought What you had looked to me like a brinly rear blade set up.. But wasn't sure....

I tried to take a pic but its too dark out.If you have a narrow frame blower or plow mount kickin around, they are about 2 inches wider than the lower rear mounts. I put one on my belly blade and attached it to the rear with 3 inch pins to try it. It works great with a chain to lift it. All you would have to do to make it permanent is narrow the blower mount by about 2 inches or build one to fit.

Would you please put the Brinly numbers in this discussion item? I'd like to get one of these blades. I own a gravel driveway and this would help. I've learned the dozer blade doesn't do such a hot job on a gravel driveway; though it did a nice job in my backyard when I plowed some 8 foot weeds and moved some dirt around to get my garden straightened out.