Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
a7117puller

7114 shuttle drive faster in reverse than forward?

a7117puller
is this normal for a shuttle drive to be faster in reverse than forward? and what can be causing this if this is not normal? it just seems that it goes faster in reverse than it does forward, and theres some lag time when goin from forward to neutral or vice versa with reverse. im use to the hydro, and unfamilar to shuttle drive system.

Ishmael2k
It "probably" isn't going any faster unless the belt is really worn in some wierd way that is allowing slippage in forward but not reverse. Or if it is out of adjustment and not allowing it to fully engage in forward. I found that it "seemed" like I was going faster in reverse, due mainly to the fact that it was reverse and I was not used to going that fast... ;) The lag time may be normal, I can't remember what mine was like for sure but it seems like there was some on it. I will know for sure this Friday as I am getting it back then. Rob