Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New tractor

stinkie

Guys, I may get kicked out of the club. I bought a Kubota bx1500, yep, a JAP TRACTOR!!! The sad part is, I love it. Diesel power with a 3 pt. hitch for under nine grand. I thought it was a good deal and I am thoroughly satisfied. However, it does not (I dont think anything does) mow as good as my 66 landlord. They just dont make anything that does a better job! stinkie

Now why would anyone want you kicked out? 1. The color is just about right. 2. They are so quiet you can carry on normal conversion at WOT. 3. They are reliable. 4. They require very little maintenance. P.S. I bought a BX 2200 with front end loader & belly mower in march for 13k... But I still mow with Simplicity/Allis.

Don`t feel bad the only time I mow with the B2400 is when I am in a hurry and early spring. Normaly I use my 64 101 but it takes some time I mow about 8 acres at least once a week.Thats just around the house and barn.JBlack:D

We have a kubota Dealer in town here. It's located almost directly accross the street from a JD dealer and we did have a big simplicity dealer 20 years ago. Now there are a couple of stores but they dont have a large store to eyeball new equipment like the others. Our local gas company uses the the BX22 for digging trenches for gas lines. I was impressed with the quietness and the fact they bet the business on the tractors for reliability. The operator said the controls are ok they work but it's not like a case 450 super L w/super extender. The BX22 can be trailerd and pulled by a pickup. 13,000 I believe. The Agco ST 25 may do as well but the AGCO folks dont have a real good site that i have been able to navigate. Buying American has gotten pretty difficult to do these days. Im not in the market but i sure keep picking up bits and pieces of info for the day I am.

Cub has got a pretty nice tractor now, Takes a lot of attachments, American made even. Although I believe that the engine is JAP. Check those out for a little less than the Kubota's and well built. Here is a link but do not pay any attention to the Suggested Retail, They can be purchased cheaper. http://www.cubcadet.com/servlet/BrandProductDetail?ID=169&CAT=8&SUB=16# Doc

You can own or use any brand of tractor you want. The only thing is you must also own at least 1 or 2 Simplicitys or Allis-Chalmers tractors.What ever works best for the jobs you have to do.

quote:
Originally posted by docs
Cub has got a pretty nice tractor now, Takes a lot of attachments, American made even. Although I believe that the engine is JAP. Check those out for a little less than the Kubota's and well built. Here is a link but do not pay any attention to the Suggested Retail, They can be purchased cheaper. http://www.cubcadet.com/servlet/BrandProductDetail?ID=169&CAT=8&SUB=16# Doc
Cub Cadet compact diesels are manufactured by Mitsubishi. Maybe the attachments are American made. The last under 100 hp tractors made in the US were the White American series which were discontinued around 1990, as I recall. I believe that the AGCO compacts are made by Iseki. Deeres' are Yanmars, New Hollands are Shibaruba. Anything bigger than a Legacy or a 455 Deere are JAP built and a lot of the bigger garden tractors have JAP engines.

13,000lbs. for a 22hp tractor??? Try around 3,000lbs. My grandfather's 1976 John Deere 4230 Quad Range Diesel weighs 13,000 and it has 120hp. Also, the new John Deere 4000 series are the only ones with Yanmars. Once you get to the 5000 series, they are actually John Deere engines, called the Powertech series, I think.

I just saw an ad for a BX22 with loader, box scraper, 5' bush hog type mower, and trailer for 13 or $14,000. My Kubota B6100 weighs about 1200 pounds. I would rather have AC/Simplicity, but there really is no equivelent Simplicity built model, with diesel engine, Cat I 3 pt. and 540 PTO. The only equivelent is the AC 5015/Simp 9518, which was built by Hinomoto. and I have never even SEEN one. The AC 5020/5030 were larger frame tractors, like an L series Kubota. Maybe the Deere 5000 series have Deere engines, but they are not built in the USA, Germany I have been told. Many of the mid sized Deere models are actually built by Zetor, with is built in eastern Europe somewhere, but I an mot sure that these are sold in the US.

Take a look at the AGCO St compacts. Made in the USA, If I had the cash the one i would get one for landscaping, probly the ST 35. www.agcostcompacts.agcocorp.com

I have always liked Allis Chalmers and Simplicity... Probably Because I grew up on them.. But I have to admit I would try a Kubota my self.. I used to mow with a little Kubota my Uncle had realy liked it....

Leroy if they are made like the 9020 & 720 and didn't cheapen them up someplace a person would have a tractor for a life time. They are still a good looking tractor. But $$$$$$$ I'll have to stick with my 720 & 9020.

I would only vote to kick you out (in jest) if you reduced your tractor count. As long as you are aquriing more tractors and the color is right, more power to you.