Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
sparky68112

HELP DIFFERENTIAL PROBLEM ????

sparky68112
I HAVE A T16H HOMELITE SAME AS A 3416H SIMPLICITY THE PROBLEM IS WHEN I MOVE THE HYDRO LEVER FORWARD OR BACKWARD ONLY THE AXLE TUBES MOVE. AND IDEAS ON A SOLUTION,

callwill
It's happened to me twice on two different tractors.In order to determine if it is the diff, You will need to pull off the right wheel & hub. Check the gear that is mounted to the hub, make sure it is mounted to it & in good condition. Next(if it is the same as my simp3212H ormy ACB110)you can unbolt the planetary from its hub on the axle tube & leaving it virtually intact(leave all the bolts in it after removing the nuts) remove it. You can then examine the inner gear monted on the inner axle shaft. On my one tractor there were no teeth left on this gear, on my other tractor, the keys that lock the gear to the shaft were shattered. If none of the gears examined showed any of the signs of being a problem then it might lay in the planetary or elsewhere & will require more tech assistance than i can provide.